[TR] TR6 Antenna Location or alternate solution

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Antenna Location or alternate solution
From: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
     I bought a 1974 TR6 that was missing its front left fender. I see where
the original antenna came out from the kick panel behind the left front
fender. I have a straight rust free replacement fender without an antenna
hole. Where on the fender did it mount? I am thinking about just going to the
rear of the fender and cutting a hole. I really don't want to cut a hole out
of such a nice panel. Are there alternative antenna's and mounting locations?
For example: Back in the 70's, my sister dated some guy with an El Camino and
he had kind of a whip antenna that was mounted on his rear bumper. It really
looked bad-ass to me.     TIA,
     Bill in Tehachapi

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net