Re: [TR] TR 2/3 Issues

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 2/3 Issues
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:35:08 -0400
On 11 Jul 2009 at 15:07, Bill wrote:

> Get a new Battery ...
>
> >Hi All - I'm having some problems with my starter.

But first...make sure all your connections are good, battery to
solenoid, solenoid to starter, battery to ground.  The fact that the
headlights don't dim when you hit the starter may be telling you that
you just aren't getting enough juice to the starter, or that the
starter doesn't know what to do with it when it gets it.

Second...if "first" doesn't help, beg, borrow, or steal (okay, don't
steal) an alternate battery or portable starter battery, or use
jumper cables to another car, and try starting it.  If that doesn't
help, you may have tired brushes in the motor.  If so, then replacing
the battery won't help much.  But replacing the brushes or the entire
motor will help a lot.

But first, check all the connections.

--
Jim Muller