Re: [TR] Late TR3A hood stick color

To: “triumphs“ <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Late TR3A hood stick color
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:09:01 -0400
I have a TR4 and this is what I did. Though I had painted mine black
at one time, I was able to sand back to the original tan. At the paint
shop that mixed my body color I found the best match in a generic
color sample book. From what's on the can, I think the sample book was
Spectramaster, Yellow, YS320.

I don't know how much good this will be at some other paint shop, but
it might still work.

> I'm not sure exactly when the change was, but "very late" 3As
> (perhaps somewhere in the TS70000 range and newer) and 3Bs had what
> I've heard described as "sandalwood beige" hoodsticks, said color
> being the same as that used on TR4 (and early Spitfire) hoodsticks).

Allen

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net