[TR] TR4A hood stowage and retractable seat belts...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A hood stowage and retractable seat belts...
From: T S Hardy <t.s.hardy@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:03:46 +1200
Hi listers.....

            Nearly finished the restyoration, but am not too sure of how the
hood stowage goes.
                 There aoears to be no seat, and the only vertical piece sits
hard against the front of the fuel tank. Mine has two speakers attached as
well!
                 My question is....how and where does the hood go when not in
use. Surely it doesn't just sit on the back (seat) area! Is there a cover for
the stowed hood. The books I have are not too helpful on this subject.
                  My other question concerns retracting seat belts. On my '70
MGBGT, there is an anchor nut on the top of the wheel arch which makes for
easy mounting of a reel that allows the belt to exit horizontal. Not so on the
4. Any suggestions please? My mate who is into servicing and racing Alfa
Romeos has suggested an elaborate set up using a pipe between the wheel
arches, with the reels mounted on that. I'm not too happy about that! Hence
the question about the hood stowage.

                Your thoughts would be most appreciated.....

                    Cheers.....Trev......Feilding; New Zealand.....TR4A.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net