[TR] TR3 - collapsible steering column?

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 - collapsible steering column?
From: "Brian Lanoway" <blanoway@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:17:17 -0600
My son is in the early phases of a TR3 restoration and hes now at the stage
where hes getting close to a rolling chassis.  After having a close look at
the steering column  and reminding myself that it could act like a spear in
a frontal collision, I started to wonder if anyone had adapted a collapsible
steering column (similar to the one I have in my TR6) for a TR3.

His TR3A commission number is in the TS 80000 series.

Has anyone on the List incorporated a collapsible steering column into their
TR3 and maintained the original steering wheel/hub?  His budget cant quite
yet afford a rack and pinion upgrade so we would be working with the
original steering box for now.

Thanks much in advance,

Brian Lanoway
Winnipeg