Re: [TR] Transporter news?

To: tr4zest@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Transporter news?
From: dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:17:14 -0500
 I guess I owe everyone an update on my TR8 mishap.  As you may recall, I lost
control of the TR8 on an icy highway in western Kansas and slid sideways into
the end of a guard rail.

The car arrived home on Oct 24.  A local transport company picked it up and
dropped it off for $500.  I incurred $300 storage thanks to the delay in
finding someone to pick it up.  Towing the car off of the highway and
transportation to Salina to rent a car one way to get home brought expenses to
about $1300.  We will see what is and is not covered.  The insurance adjuster
came by on Tuesday and is still working up an estimate for repair.  We haven't
started arguing about the car's value yet but I showed the NADA valuation to
the adjuster which is much like showing evidence to the court reporter.  It
isn't his call.

Results are still pending.

Just to put things in perspective, CIT went bankrupt.  I sold my bonds just
before but lost about $2500 in the deal.

Dave