[TR] tr-6 brake master seal grrrrrr

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] tr-6 brake master seal grrrrrr
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:53:39 -0800 (PST)
anyone have suggestions or tips on installing the rubber seal on the primary
plunger of the brake master cylinder?  I've ruined the second kit now trying to
install the seal over the big round things on the plunger.  does one install
over the end with the narrow ring? or the wider ring.  I used a screw driver to
stretch the rubber over and am wondering if this acted like a knife and sorta
cut the rubber.  I found it extremely difficult to use my thumbs.........so
went to the screwdriver.  I might simply buy a new master cyllinder rather htan
take a chance on ruining the third one.
any ideas that might help?

gary n

http://www.vtr.org