Re: [TR] GT6 Oil Filter Adapter

To: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] GT6 Oil Filter Adapter
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:51:39 -0700
On 8/20/10, TRDOCTOR@aol.com <TRDOCTOR@aol.com> wrote:
> ...Problem is  there is no way to get the oil filter in there...

I have always used a (Fram) PH2870 or similar on the spin-on adaptor
on the 'TRactor' engines.  It is fairly long.  Looking on the shelf at
the filter used on our 6-cyl Toyota (4Runner) it has what appears to
be an identically sized gasket and threaded connection but the total
length is only 3.25".

Sooo... perhaps it would connect up, what I can't say is 'is a filter
a filter'?  Maybe not but seems like something that is enough filter
for a modern Toyota 6-cyl might be adequate for a Triumph engine.

Use at your own risk, YMMV, yada yada yada.

Geo

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47