Re: [TR] Electronic Ignitions (formerly Looking to buy)

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Electronic Ignitions (formerly Looking to buy)
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:43:08 EDT
How does one test the power of the spark?  Is there a certain Amp  value
using a multimeter?  ...Or just listen for the "snap" of the spark  when
shorting it against the valve cover?

I would imagine the best way to check the power of the spark would be  to
find someone with an operating oscilloscope and knows how to use it.   Under
load (foot on brake/e-brake set and wheels chocked, in gear, give it gas
and ease out the clutch.  The voltage to each individual spark plug in the
firing order can be measured.  I have one and "know" how to use it and it  is
a resource for our Club to utilize.
Randall?

Sam Clark
Green Country Triumphs