[TR] GT6 Window problem

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] GT6 Window problem
From: Alexander Delis <ols@bcdef.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 22:36:32 -0400
Esteemed listers

The rear vent window on my GT6 has come loose.

The piano hinge that it swivels on in the front was attached with spot welds
to the B pillar that have come loose.

As I do not have a spot welder (and wonder if that is REALLY the best way to
attach this) I was thinking that drilling through the piano hinge into the B
pillar and using self-tapping screws would be a reasonable way of re-attaching
this.

Does anyone have any gotchas about doing this (or for that matter a better
idea)?

 Should I do anything else to prevent moisture from getting in there?

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

1958 TR3 TS33884LO