[TR] water pump Tr3- Wet sleeve engines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] water pump Tr3- Wet sleeve engines
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List!
From: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Subject: water pump Tr3

is there a significant noticeable difference in the high performance water
pumps?
are they worth the up-charge?
Frank
---------------
I installed the 6 vane  H2O Pump from Ken Gillanders (most likely moss or
BNWP?) & didn't notice any great difference (2->5^F lower Temp.).
________________________________
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010

who has the best hi performance water pump for the TR3?
I don't know because I haven't tried them all. I thought that all 6 vane pumps
would work the same.

who has lowest cost for standard water pump TR3?
I don't know, see above ans.

any one still make rebuild kits?
Frank

Not that I know of, BUT if ANYONE does know then PLEASE E-mail me as well as
the list. I tried a M-F Tractor Supply Dealer & got no where. Now I have an
Org. Water Pump apart, waiting to be assembled. I do recall Fred T. stating to
go to the M-F Tractor Dealer to obtain one. Now what do I do?

The greatest drop in Water Temp., that I noticed, was when I had the Rad.
record & also made a metal Fan Shroud that goes from the inside edge of the
Upper Front Valance to the back edge of the rad. & drops to the bottom of the
Lower Front Valance. I found about a 10^-> 15^F drop in Water Temp. I own a
TR4A & still have the pattern, in case anyone would like it to modify (if
needed) to fit their TRIUMPH.
BTW- I secured the Galvanized Steel Rad. Shroud by the side Rad. Studs that
hold the Rad. Mounting Supports.
-Cosmo Kramer
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html