[TR] TR4 radiator Progrees report

Subject: [TR] TR4 radiator Progrees report
From: Dave1massey at cs.com (Dave1massey at cs.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:49:13 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 2/13/2011 10:18:03 AM Central Standard Time,
ahwahneetr at gmail.com writes:
> Since non-originality may bug you (your comment on wanting the crank
> hole) why not mount the fan as an auxillary pusher and keep the stock
> fan (or better still a correct tropical fan)? That is what I did as
> the pusher is very hard to detect w/o looking into the grille.  From
> the engine compartment all appears original and the electric
> fan/tropical fan seem to be an effective combo even in Tucson summers.

Also, the engine driven fan works on the lower 2/3 of the radiator.
Mounting an electric pusher on the upper 2/3 will provide the best cooling
combination.  Plus it moves it up where it is less noticeable fromt he front.
That's what I did on my TR6.

Dave