[TR] TR6 starting issue

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 starting issue
From: "Ed Oot" <eoot@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:19:57 -0400
The TR6 engine (in a TVR 2500) has begun a new routine.  When attempting to
start cold, the engine will turn over once or twice, quit, turn again, quit
then turn abit more normally until it fires. My first thought was battery, so I
pulled it and took it to my FLAPS for testing.  Tested good with plenty of
charge and cranking power. I will check, clean and tighten connectiosn to
starter, but if that doesn't do anything, would the next logical problem be
with the starter?

One other thing I should mention.  The ground cable connector at the battery
broke and I happened to have one of the clamp on type on hand.  So I cut the
cable and put the new clamp on connector on. The connection seems very tight
but is it possible this could do it?  The charging seems OK and everything
appears to work as it should when the vehicle is running.

TIA
Ed

=======
http://www.pctools.com/