[TR] Coil Resistance

Subject: [TR] Coil Resistance
From: cofrog at q.com (cofrog at q.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:45:47 -0400 (EDT)

I'm confused (again).? What coil resistance do I use with a Pertronix LU142A
?Ignition?? I have two different cars and two different ?setups.? A street TR4
which has the 1.5 ohm internal ballasted ?coil and a TR4A racer with am
external ?ballast and a ?3 ohm coil.? Both are negative ground.? Some folks on
the web say use only a 3 ohm coil (unballasted?) with the Pertronix.? It
appears my coil shot craps on the street car and took out the I gnitor.? So I'm
double checking what resistance coil is proper.

I want to give kudos to Marvin at Pertronix who replaced the toasted LU142A
eventhough it was out of warranty by a few weeks.?

Thanks,

Dan