Re: [TR] Wood steering wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wood steering wheels
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 19:52:21 -0400
That's not really what I was looking for. I can take the hub from my
scrap wheel and machine it so that I can mount one of the usual 9 bolt
mount wooden wheels, and keep the turn signal arrangement without having
to deal with the age of the spokes. Or I could make one from scratch. I
have a lathe and a benchtop CNC milling machine.

Then I would just have to pick the wheel I like.

Macys charges $525 for this, I can buy an off the shelf wheel for under
$150. Then it's just the cost of modifying or making a hub.

George Richardson

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive