[TR] I think my coil died

Subject: [TR] I think my coil died
From: david.brister at wanadoo.fr (David Brister)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:21:13 +0200
I had this symptom many years back and it was the 2 year old coil gone
home.
Turned out I had been running this coil without a ballast resistor. I
fitted
a 12v coil which is still running on that car 20+ years later.

I think there is a case for fitting a 12v coil and bypassing the ballast
resistor.

Of course YMMV,

David Brister,
CTC77785 O