[TR] TR4A - Update and Heart-Felt Thanks

Subject: [TR] TR4A - Update and Heart-Felt Thanks
From: guy at genfiniti.com (G.D. Huggins)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:05:50 -0500
All,

Outside of installing sun visors (I NEED a center mount) and finding some
outside door seals that allow me to fully close the doors, the car is
restored!!
What started January 2004 is now completed.  I cannot believe the amount of
energy, time and money it took to get it all done correctly.
But in the end, it was worth it, because of the satisfaction I feel from
accomplishing a goal most people won't even attempt.
If I can do a full-on, frame-off restoration of a vintage British car, anyone
can.

This morning a flat-bed picked it up to take it to a very experienced and
reputable British car shop near Fort Worth.
I am having them do the setup for driving, as well as a thorough sanity/safety
check.
Because they are more experienced hands, and work on these cars all the time,
I have asked them to:

Setup the suspension
Setup the steering
Adjust the brakes and hand-brake
Make sure all fluids and lube look good
Tune-up the engine and carbs
Get me a compression check on all four cylinders as a baseline
Test drive
Inspect everything for safety

With any luck it will be done by week's end, and I can drive it for the first
time since 1988, when I was only 16.

Finally, thank you to everyone on the list.
Without the eager and good-humored participation from this community, I do not
think it would have gone as well.
Now that I have developed some expertise in the IRS TR4A, I hope to contribute
as my own car moves from the restoration phase, to the hobby phase.

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO