[TR] Headlight replacement

Subject: [TR] Headlight replacement
From: ahwahneetr at gmail.com (Geo Hahn)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 15:06:20 -0700
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > Here in the states we can buy what is called "Sealed Beam Halogen"
> > bulbs
>
> And, at least in my experience, don't work as well (or last as long) as
> good
> H4 lamps.  The light pattern they put out is the same as the old tungsten
> sealed beams.

I have the Bosch H4s in a couple of vehicles (including the TR4) and agree
they are superior, but...  I still have the sealed beam halogens in the
TR3A because I like the way they look and do not do much night driving in
that car.

The Bosch's have a very flat lense whereas the old style sealed beams have
more of a bulge to the lens and (to my eye) look better on the TR3A.

BTW -- the Bosch's in the link cited (Bus Depot) actually say 'motorcycle'
on the lens -- no that I can see where that matters.

Geo