[TR] Block writings

Subject: [TR] Block writings
From: 61TR4ever at comcast.net (Gary Grant)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 03:41:23 -0500
>>>Like most all sidescreen TRs,...>>>

This is not meant to criticize you, but contrary to common belief, most TRs
did not have these markings. In actual fact very few sidescreens, or TR4s
for that matter, had the markings. But it appears your TR3B has the correct
markings for your car. The TR4 2138cc engine was not standard until May 62
with the start of the TCF series for the TR3B.

There was a survey done on another forum several years ago that indicated
the engine markings were common on the TR3B. Unfortunately, the link to that
site went dead within the last few months (rucompatible.com).

BTW - For reference, of my 6 TR4 engines and 2 TR3 engines, none have the
markings that I know of. One of the TR4 engines has likely been repainted,
but the others look to be original paint and I need to degrease the engine
in CT1547L to get a closer look. The remaining 6 engines have been carefully
checked for the markings.

Gary
TR4 CT1547L