[TR] Back washing the heater

Subject: [TR] Back washing the heater
From: anabil007 at comcast.net (William Pugh)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:36:16 -0800
You can Back Flush the entire system Cosmo ... Buy a Prestone Backflush Kit.
Several plastic fittings, an overflow pipe for the radiator, use a small piece
of hose and put the garden hose tee fitting onto the heater pipe, maybe dump
it some radiator cleaner, make sure the heater valve is open, and turn on the
hose (there is a volume valve in the kit).  Cleans everything and shoots it
out the radiator filler opening.

Messy but effective.
On Mar 10, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Cosmo Kramer wrote:

> Hi List!
> I know this was talked about on the list before, but I don't recall a
> specific method.
>
> I would like to backwash my TR4A heater. It works fine but
> I never 'back washed' it when it was inside the car from the restoration
> completed back in 1998. I do recall that many people said not to use a lot
of
> pressure when trying to clean it.

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Casper
1957 TR3