[TR] Recalcitrant TR-3B Engine

Subject: [TR] Recalcitrant TR-3B Engine
From: jwalker at mainet.com (John Walker)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:18:21 -0400
Thanks to all for the help with my recalcitrant TR-3B. It finally started, via
an open throttle and a shot of starting fluid. Once started, the engine runs
well, with no obvious issues with timing or mixture. When warmed up, a touch
of the starter button and it's off and running. When cold, starting fluid is
still required. I am assuming that this is a sign that the choke lever arms
and connecting rod are not setup correctly. The choke levers are very stiff,
even when disconnected from the choke cable.

Unfortunately, my copy of the Standard Triumph Service Instruction Manual is
not clear on the specifics of this setup, tho I know to use the over size
holes in the lever arms when connecting them to the lever links. I would
appreciate any guidance  from those who have BTDT.

TIA,

John Walker
TR-3B TS #68368
85% Done 60% to go!