[TR] More on the drive shaft

Subject: [TR] More on the drive shaft
From: fishplate at charter.net (Jeff)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:42:43 -0400
After a week of soaking with Deep Creep and random tapping with a copper
hammer, I'm still no closer to having a sliding drive shaft.  I still
intend to get it moving somehow, but I can't help wondering:  Why does
it need to slide?  The transmission is (more or less) rigidly mounted,
and the differential is also.  So, it's possible that it won't slide,
not from corrosion, but from 37 years of not having to slide.

But if so, why go to that expense?  I think I need a malty beverage...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.