[TR] TR2/3 fuel pump flex line

Subject: [TR] TR2/3 fuel pump flex line
From: agraham at execulink.com (Angelo Graham)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 17:57:17 -0400
Hello List:
  I just installed a NOS steel wrapped flex line between the fuel shut
off valve and supply side of the pump on my '2. . Not sure of the age,
but it has never been used. Am I courting problems here? Will the rubber
interior line stand up to our "new" fuels? I can keep an eye on the
sediment bowl for any bits of debris, but not sure if the rubber inside
line will just collapse or otherwise deteriorate.
Any alternatives to this set-up? Wondering about canabalizing the
existing line for the fittings and graft rated fuel line to the ends.
Thanks for any help with this.
Angelo Graham