Re: [TR] Overdrive Fixed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Overdrive Fixed
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 07:28:07 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
They say the difference between a mechanical problem and an electrical
problem is that a mechanical problem takes a minute to find and an hour to fix
whereas an electrical problem takes an hour to find and an hour to fix.

And the software corollary is that a software bog takes a week to find and
a second to fix.

Dave

In a message dated 7/2/2012 8:31:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
glemon@neb.rr.com writes:
> I had an Austin Healey years ago exhibiting similar problems, after
> pulling
> the tranny tunnel and swapping out the relay, and testing the various
> electrical connections and the throttle switch (a feature thankfully
> omitted
> from Triumph O/Ds) it turned out to be a loose wire on the dash switch, a
> 30
> second fix that tooks hours and days to diagnose.  When the car was
> sitting
> the wire made pretty good contact, so it worked when tested in static
> mode,
> but driving down the road the wire bounced around and O/D juddered in and
> out.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive