Re: [TR] MP3 / IPOD hidden stereo

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] MP3 / IPOD hidden stereo
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:08:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=c06jlJa0KSLUpJATRT+QdE+weyuD8bRjEAJpxm/Kars=; b=OaYw4+2RAHOiMxo/UEamSL/dY0W9Sftioi1WcBFYkcB9psvGBL3ZzdMhtVyA7hc/nq 8wb/7DNuB7utY0jL12N2jfJUycXsMYf38XDiTVy5E4bSy8ohoQh4RoHbuyEDFWSbFHkP aNgjjochbsW0vBX6h1ClXOOt4Qm5KeaQpTdfwvY6N9jCBdZKtfI5cyMdlY9YfnitWUVY 1yPfK3iB2/dVA6nV3J9seGdStAKGPfGxdS2AFbQSbjO3kbj+4EAE4K9J1MLttGtOtUqA sie9RT+PbdGpTN2fQbXoJ417Q4dE6L9Dsv+dzQYDfkx8zbaitw3w3gcdek3n18zmB6gJ CrLw==
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
If the one on amazon does worth from the headphone output it just
might be worth it.

Personally I don't want to mess around with CDs in the car.  I would
think you would be better off using a system that accepts thumb
drives.  They are a lot cheaper now and easy to write to and don't
take up near the space that a CD does.

You are right about checking weather.  I just use my cell phone :)

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> I guess I use the term "stereo" generically for anything that
>> would be a sound system in a car :)
>
> No worries, Brad, I wasn't trying to quibble about the word; just wanted to
> be sure you understood what it was.  If it suits you, then that's fine.
>
> I'm coming up on more or less the same decision myself; but leaning towards
> what I did before, which was to mount a CD-MP3 player in place of the
> glovebox.  Opening the glovebox door would provide full access to the front
> panel, but generally I could just reach up behind the dash and do what I
> wanted.  Not at all obvious it was there (so less concern about theft).
> Since it had AM/FM/XM (although I never used the XM), I could tune into
> local weather or news.  These days I suppose everyone does that with their
> phone, but I don't (and I do occasionally travel where there is no cell
> coverage).
>
> But I mostly enjoy listening to audio books, especially on long trips.  It's
> easy and cheap to burn them to CD in MP3 format (generally I get 3 books on
> a $.10 CD) and then if the CD gets damaged, lost or stolen; I just burn
> another one.
>
> I didn't check the specs on the Pyle, but pretty much anything like that
> should operate from your headphone output.  And of course you don't have to
> run at 700 watts (or have speakers that will handle it) if you don't want
> to.
>
> -- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html