[TR] Webers on my TR4

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, TTSCC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TR] Webers on my TR4
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:26:29 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=r3oTGsxX3eux5/CkPjNk7qC72ynDJ+84RdgESkjf4mo=; b=xaV+yX9t0QeE41uneCYA2tZIi8E6sEg8YclfTCDmp+rWoeDI/DLy1x2c6mvjlmUd36 x+V50j4Ujt1AEUoxAmYtC2w8Qv480v80SkYX0aVHFDla427y+KEDnK359N7pnlKlEZwL YF6VtCnQiLEWMxxfCqL5w1xwuRWD01Lznjr4PagFIoVkBeKaXB0OMY5ARcWVjfElJK/H EAsH9PNzMtaeBs/RMLRp5Pg9KRWhqVCADVV0qjgdiiH6omRip11OW0Zd7vpq7og8ux3E uFMFr3v56PuFQwp1TYzZ4EPTVgPsYXroAK3kprUAvwG3oOeQ9vA3KjRDJaLowuxzD8/0 0VJw==
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
My Weber are acting up.  They were running fine and strong until:
I messed around and changed the fuel line to an older braided SS line for
appearances sake. Then, the carbs began to stumble and spit. They would
barely idle and would not accelerate. Changed back to new rubber fuel line
and changed the in line filter. No improvement.
Thinking the mechanical pump must be gone again, switched in an electric.
No improvement.
Checked the timing - basically OK, though hard to tell with the rpms moving
all over the place.
Changed the plugs ( was going to anyway.)
Reset the Webers to their initial settings.  No change.
Finally, remover the cover to the pump. Diaphragm looks OK. There was gas
on top but I assume that leaked through from the bowl as I broke the seal.

So what gives? Could the main jet be clogged? I'll go check that.

Any ideas? Could it still be electrical?

Many thanks

JohnH

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html