Re: [TR] Standard Triumph period or OEM lighter

To: davewillner@pa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Standard Triumph period or OEM lighter
From: "Andrew S. Mace" <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:37:00 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
If you're referring to a car sold new in the US, chances are it would've been
a Casco lighter such as used in many American cars at the time. That's what my
'60 3A had when I bought it in 1972; it was nicely fitted into the dash about
where the optional OD switch would've been otherwise. In retrospect, that
seems an odd spot to put it, since the car also had the optional ashtray under
the dash, but....

Sorry I don't have a picture, and the car was sold on a few years ago.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us