Re: [TR] TR6 Clutch Hydraulics

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Clutch Hydraulics
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:19:00 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Dave,

While I was out for a ride today, I thought of another possible cause to the hard push on the TR6 clutch.

Problem may be that the transmission was not aligned with the engine when installed.

You must make sure the 2 larger bolts are installed first before installing the rest of the bolts to the transmission. If I remember correctly they are on the left and right sides respectively. On some engines, they might be a stud. But on mine they were bolts. This is very important. The clutch may be binding against the fly wheel if the alignment is off.

Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive