Re: [TR] Linkage Adjustment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Linkage Adjustment
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
With the stock linkage you are stuck with the pedal travel you got.  There
are a couple of things you can do, however.  If you adjust the pedal stop
you can get the pedal to go lower and then you can lengthen the linkage and
lower the ends of travel.

Another thing is make sure the lost motion at the cross shaft is minimized.
 As you recall there is a linkage that allows the pedal linkage to
overtravel in the closed direction and will allow the carb throttle shafts to
come
to rest on the idle adjust screws.  There is also a stop for the pedal
linkage.  If you set the linkage stop to a point where you get a lot of pedal
movement before you engage the throttle shafts you pedal height when off
throttle will be higher than necessary.

If you still aren't happy with that then you can consider modifications
which will increase the throttle movement to pedal movement ratio.  Or you can
switch to the RATCO throttle cable kit.

Dave

In a message dated 8/15/2012 10:04:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
trdoctor@aol.com writes:
> Recently I have posted questions looking for solutions of obtaining full
> throttle opening on my GT6 with a center pull cable accelerator
> arrangement
> (MKIII).  So far, no joy.  So . . .   I have a new question.  I have
> obtained
> full throttle opening with my '72 TR6 by adjusting the linkage from the
> cross
> shaft to the carbs by shortening the linkage rod from the cross shaft to
> the
> bell crank (does this make sense?).  I now have full opening but the pedal
> is
> way high.  Has anyone figured out how to lower the pedal by adjusting the
> linkage from the bell crank to the carbs, or, do I just have to live with
> it?
> TIA

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html