Re: [TR] TR6 Repro Bumper - Quality??

To: D&B Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Repro Bumper - Quality??
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:27:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Dennis,

I have seen SS versions of the early bumpers on Ebay from time to time. But only full sets of rear + front. They are going for about 1K. I have know knowledge of quality.

I had both my complete 3 piece rear and front bumpers (4 pieces) re chromed at a local plater for about 900 bucks 5 years ago. They even removed a small dent from the center rear bumper. Chrome is still as delivered.

The bumpers did not have any rust or pitting. They were just a bit on the green side, (nickel showing). That is why I chose to have them re chromed. You might want to check with some chrome shops that do motorcycles. They may be able to help you even though they may use out of state resources.

Bob