[TR] Electric Fan wiring - TR3

To: "TR List " <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Electric Fan wiring - TR3
From: "Carl TR" <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:28:36 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
As I am finishing up the wiring on my project, I thought I might build in
the wiring for an electric fan now rather than later (after all this is
Florida).

Car is still positive ground.

I have an open connection on a brown wire fuse box (located next to the
factory fuse box) fed from A1 of control box.  Fuse for Overdrive and an
accessory panel (both on relays). I am looking at a manual switch only.

My thoughts:

Brown/white from fuse box to C1/30 on relay.

C2/87 to Fan also indicator lamp (probably brown/white as well)

?? from ?? to Switch to W1/85 (when key on)  - what color? And where
connected?

W2/86 to ground.

Fan & Indicator lamp grounded.  As an alternative, I may use a switch with
an indicator lamp in the knob if I can find a spring for it.  Location TBD.

Relays are my nemesis.   am I correct?

Thanks

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

 <http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/

Still being restored - but 2012 looks like the year..

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums