[TR] TR2/3 oil pressure question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 oil pressure question
From: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:33:18 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Hello List:
Concerned about the oil pressure in my 'fresh' engine in the '2. Right on idle, seems to hold at around 40 - 50 lbs. on a cold engine. When hot and revved, climbs only slightly. I changed the filter head to the later Purolator full flow type. I suspect that the pressure on the filter head needs to be adjusted. Do you do the adjustments with a cold engine or after warm-up? Do you adjust for idle pressure or higher revs and higher pressure? Not sure about the accuracy of the actual gauge. No reason to suspect it and it is the original gauge. Any easy way to check the gauge? Find another one and compare?? Also, should the spring and ball bearing in the filter head under the bolt be replaced to start with a fresh spring and ball?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html