Re: [TR] TR4, Fuel pump,and Flagstaff

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4, Fuel pump,and Flagstaff
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:22:33 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=gNBxxzXHv9AGSkCwcmi3zOrALqbsoeORiUq3dSz3XL8=; b=IS03zfg8ddlq+4AT+YmqcG+okxKtnTR0WMC/10VHNrHursqdRn8GF+w2R2TWJd/0er 4tplzDth+yjrnvDPmc7D4kAbqI4Ka4ezJ7YhM6Z31ZIHYPtOok7h1sGt4AtdgeLZ9HT/ SXua+uV0CoTKJ7Z2AVquTsHLvJvE3c1SuLNRoOCWKVRPkupBbWS7JVtySwYKcwywu5PK qdA4AFs3RIVp3UBYA5oag23PMmAuXcaS8xUepJq2YhMGFmrlpDyIpGxi4rlUAxEF82FH h/hznZExCMQUB6SJ8dBIxVQ94v+vPqzxjtaZvlCDpaxXQJltQcbzlwdpfdbTlbpxawMU pQ+Q==
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Thanks, George, for the picture. I didn't remember where the splash guard
ran.. Yep, Gotta drop the pan.
John

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Lee&John Howard <leejohn7@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> ...the lever fell into the crankcase!... I
>>
>> presume it fell to the bottom and is now safely held down in the oil.
>> There
>> is a baffle in the pan, but I don't remember if it is forward or rear. If
>> at the rear, could it be a problem as the lever may be lying that much
>> closer to the crank?
>>

> From that recent generous offer of a free oil pan, this link shows what
> you're dealing with:
>
> http://www.triumphexperience.com/phorum/read.php?5,841402,841402#msg-841402
>
> Given the size of the lever and recalling how closely the pickup screen
> fits thru that opening, I'd be concerned that the lever is laying on top of
> the splash guard.
>
> I'd be inclined to drop the pan and get it out.
>
> Geo

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive