Re: [TR] Heat insulation material - installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Heat insulation material - installation
From: George Richardson <gpr@key-men.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:03:03 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Putting the foil towards the heat source prevents the felt from getting toasty.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

On 9/27/2012 10:49 AM, Angelo Graham wrote:
Hello List:
Just picked up some of the foil backed heat insulation to finish off the interior of my '2 project. The material is felt backed by a shiny aluminum foil. First and obvious question is which side goes "down". I have seen many cars with the insulation installed both ways, the foil side up - away from the heat source and others with the felt side toward the heat source. Having the foil side up makes for easier carpet installation as it is easier to glue on this surface.
Any thoughts or experiences on this one?
What about the floor pans? Should they be covered as well? Intend to cover the inside of the firewall, the trans tunnel. Any other areas that need attention? The '2 tends to have a bit hotter cockpit, as it does not have a scuttle vent.
Thanks for any help.
Angelo Graham

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html