Re: [TR] 73 Triumph GT6 left half shaft wobble.

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 73 Triumph GT6 left half shaft wobble.
From: "M. Secrest" <moira.secrest@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 11:56:22 -0400
If you forward to :50 seconds in the video you get the best view of the axle
wobble. The ujoint isn't making noise, but I didn't check it out thoroughly.

Sent by my butler

On Jun 8, 2013, at 11:50 AM, "M. Secrest" <moira.secrest@verizon.net> wrote:

> Long story short: late last year I removed the rear axles in my 73 GT6 so a
shop could renew the bearings. I put them back in and drive it for a few
months. Today I had the car on stands for another reason when I saw this bad
wobble in the left shaft (see YouTube video).  Doesn't it look like the shaft
is bent?  I didn't hit anything with it.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive