Re: [TR] Tranny/Overdrive oil

To: "'tr3a.60@gmail.com'" <tr3a.60@gmail.com>, 'car discussion Sports Triumph' <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tranny/Overdrive oil
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@indiefilmnet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:44:00 -0400
For me it's:

Castrol 20/50 in engine
Valvoline 20/50 racing in transmission

Mark
1972 TR6

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of John Wise
Sent: June-13-13 8:13 AM
To: car discussion Sports Triumph
Subject: [TR] Tranny/Overdrive oil

First thanks for everyone confirming my hypothesis of the tranny/overdrive
needing some oil.  My plan is to drain & refill it.

I looked at my records and found 3 different brands/weights over the past 10
or so years.  The same goes true on the recommendations that I have recorded
from the time the car was living in Phoenix.

What is the current wisdom for tranny/overdrive oil in a car that will likely
be staying  Florida??

Thanks in advance

John

John Wise