Re: [TR] Moss TR6 spin on oil filter conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss TR6 spin on oil filter conversion
From: Dave Massey <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:34:02 -0400 (EDT)
Is this a TR6 or a TR3/4 adapter?

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>

I have the conversion as well - and had the leaking occur after the first
filter change.  Turns out  I can't seem to keep the adaptor from wanting to
unscrew before the filter and I kinked the oring during removal and
reinstall.   I put in a new oring and it's all good, but replacing the oil
filter is currently a two handed affair - holding the adaptor while
unscrewing the filter -  though not optimal - still way easier than the
million turn bolt of the old filter.

I've tried locktite on the central adaptor bolt.  I think the heat of the
engine renders it useless. I cranked it down pretty well, too.

I don't want to do it, but maybe I pull it down, clean everything, and use
a hardening gasket sealer on the oring and basically glue the thing down.

Any other suggestions?

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive