Re: [TR] Is this for real?

To: Malcolm <malcolm@ipatch.ca>
Subject: Re: [TR] Is this for real?
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:52:38 +0000
Cc: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
---- Malcolm <malcolm@ipatch.ca> wrote:
> The turnbuckle is to shorten the handbrake cable from the balancer to the
> left hand brake.

Ah, I see it now.  When I looked the first time, I thought one end was
connected to the diff.  Thanks.

Actually a pretty neat "homebrew" version of the classic cable shortener that
you showed, IMO.  I had one of those on my first car (a 62 Chevy Biscayne) as
well.  The main disadvantage is that usually, the cable is too long because it
has started to fail.

That Biscayne was a total POS, and yet worth every penny of the $15 I paid for
it.  Had exactly two factory options, an AM radio (with tubes) and an oil
filter!

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive