Re: [TR] TR4 engine hoist

To: "'Allen Hess'" <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>, '"triumphs list"' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 engine hoist
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 09:34:13 -0700
> Does anyone have experience with the HF 1 ton crane

Why not pony up the extra $40 and get the two ton version?  It has another
7" or so of reach (on the 1/2 ton setting).

I have the non-folding 2-ton variant (which they apparently no longer carry)
and it's worked well for me for about 10 years now.  Only caveat is that the
bolts supplied as pivots for the hydraulic cylinder were too soft, and had
to be replaced.  Since I disassemble it for storage and transport, I used
common trailer hitch pins, which seem to work fine.

Worth noting, perhaps, that your front bumper will be down low but the
fulcrum is way up high.  It won't matter if the fulcrum is over the front
bumper.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive