Re: [TR] TR2/3 - gearshift vibration

To: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 - gearshift vibration
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 20:32:04 +0000
> Anything to worry about? Everything seems tight, but can't seem to track
> down what might be causing this one. Don't get it when accelerating or
> driving at a constant speed; just on backing off the throttle.

Probably nothing to worry about.  The factory tried several times to address
vibration in the gear lever, apparently without a lot of success.  There is a
service bulletin (which I don't seem to have handy, will try to post tonight)
about putting a piece of rubber hose on the shift lever inside the spring.
They also tried adding a brace (later on, TR4A maybe) to the top cover, and
even a rubber-mounted counterweight on some models.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive