Re: [TR] Source for drain plug

To: <thenicholls@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Source for drain plug
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:35:07 -0700
> I am looking for a source for the brass drain plug for the
> gearbox and rear differential for a 72 TR6.
>
> The square head plugs being sold are a pain.  The brass one
> sits smooth and you use an Allen wrench as for removal.

The gearbox plug is just ordinary NPT pipe threads, so any plumbing supply
should have them.  I forget the size offhand, probably
3/8".  I get mine at MMC
http://tinyurl.com/pk4rcu4

But I prefer the steel magnetic ones rather than brass.

I don't believe the diff on a 72 TR6 originally had a drain plug, so you may
need to investigate what was added.  I don't know why
anyone wouldn't use the same as the gearbox, but it's a possibility.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive