Re: [TR] Headlight Update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Headlight Update
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:12:37 -0700
> A modern electronic regulator that hold the output voltage right up to the
> current limit of the dynamo WILL allow driving in stop and go traffic at
night.

Are they actually driving the field voltage above battery voltage?  Even
with the regulator full on, my original 19 amp generator won't keep up at
less than 1800-2000 engine rpm.

> Classic Dynamo and Regulator Conversions in UK is introducing a new line
of
> electronic regulators at the big NEC show in November about a month from
> now.

Weren't you working on your own, some time back?

> Also LED brake lights will help improve the energy budget when stopped.

They'll definitely help, but perhaps not all that much.  The original single
brake light on my TR3 was rated 21 watts; my plan is to have 27 watts of
LEDs (arranged in 3 lamps drawing .75 amps each).  Might be overkill, but I
want to make certain they are visible even in full sunlight.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive