Re: [TR] what's that noise? update

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1414693658; bh=YlQSzS8ppZlQexGc9Mj5oT4s/jvumPgf9KzZ7qnoTYE=; h=Received:Received:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Message-Id:From: Subject:Date:To; b=H0f/gGGn8njQyrnOIo9GCCDeDbPj3vLNKWooSjNWU4fV9FKNf9QkTWfS7SjoOIJyi HFUNZvtNQvS4tQjtm0V1R/2OZuNoVSsYzRRIqQEWzEqZdbgNabfpRtp3OxFPTqIY8D veg92LT9iI3TYaE/wVUKv3aWql7JnLegEY4KjBiFw1qEnQEycavHqkAmnY6//4X0vj f+Df7ZK+4JLn38sJnyxyNfQ9JJfMR4/PMg3lX3x7paj/qjAGJEk1hAriimhGlszunk EP8m5m5NjPAmonKOxPyJUUa8gXXJDOZIhlUWQTwK/l87+SVGCAXfHd1md9NLPke9L3 dj2J5W/+xA3gg==
Subject: Re: [TR] what's that noise? update
From: Anthony Rhodes <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:27:25 -0400
Cc: "peterara@msn.com" <peterara@msn.com>
I had an odd noise in my 4A IRS which turned out to be a slightly loose brake
mounting bolt.

As for u joints, when I bought the car the driveshaft had a bad vibration
which appeared to be bad phase alignment if the 2 halves.  When I corrected
the alignment of the yokes, the vibration was unbelievably worse.  The front
ujoint was demolished and had bots and pieces of the rollers inside the cups.
After that I had a very slight vibration.  And I checked the other 5 ujoints.
One had a noticeable click when twisted by hand.  It was also in terrible
shape.  Then I really tested the others and one had the most subtle click.  It
too was bad.  The others seemed ok, but I replaced them anyway.  It turned out
that all but one were really on bad shape.

So don't discount the possibility of bad  but in my case they created a
vibration, not a noise.

-Tony

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive