Re: [TR] Spitfire prices

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Spitfire prices
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 11:35:52 -0500

--047d7bfeb34c99eaac050d687feb

Prices of Spitfires have never been truly up there like I would like them
to be.  With that being said in 2007 I sold my 64 Spitfire that I finished
the restoration on back in 2000 for $9,500 (buy-it now).  At that time I
felt that was a pretty good price considering what others were selling for
at the time.

Brad

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM, ptegler <ptegler@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd had a conversation with the guy the last couple days.... kidded him
> about the issues as you mentioned (and others)
> He mentioned this is less than the price they had gotten when they sold it
> to the current owner who is selling it!
>
> Not the most asked. A couple years back, a gentleman posted a baby blue
> round tail... for $6oK.  yes 60,000.00
> weeks later it came up at 30K then 20..... never sold as far as I know.
> That was when a museum quality unit might have been fetching $9K
> we all had to admit the car was spectacular but we knew someone who
> nothing about triumphs did the resto as the 'book' logo on the nose was
> upside down!
>
> ptegler

--047d7bfeb34c99eaac050d687feb

would like them to be.=C2=A0 With that being said in 2007 I sold my 64 Spit=
fire that I finished the restoration on back in 2000 for $9,500 (buy-it now=
).=C2=A0 At that time I felt that was a pretty good price considering what =
 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM, ptegler <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ptegl=