[TR] Howling

To: "Triumphs (triumphs@autox.team.net)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Howling
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 19:10:42 -0400

--047d7b414534eb8f1905133ea3af

I just got the rebuilt transmission back in my 75 TR6, and I still have a
howl.  It was there before I rebuilt, and it was there with the temporary
substitute transmission...so I'm thinking maybe it's not the transmission.

What does a differential sound like when it's not happy?

The car howls, most loudly in top gear at part throttle.  Full throttle or
no throttle makes it quiet.  It may also sound in third gear, but not as
much.

TIA,
Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--047d7b414534eb8f1905133ea3af

 I still have a howl.=C2=A0 It was there before I rebuilt, and it was there=
 with the temporary substitute transmission...so I&#39;m thinking maybe it&=
st loudly in top gear at part throttle.=C2=A0 Full throttle or no throttle =
makes it quiet.=C2=A0 It may also sound in third gear, but not as much.</di=
res, Ga.</div></div>

--047d7b414534eb8f1905133ea3af--

--===============1392161096389144436==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **