Re: [TR] Running down oil leaks

To: "David Friedlander" <forzion7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Running down oil leaks
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:17:29 -0400
Cc: TR3 Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
X_cmae_category: , , a=w1lZMHalAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=AU1_tUardYd5HEKjWv4A:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=jtx_z3QNxqrQUw2rmxMA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=jhuQplDhD+1Fhj9ECbjk7g==:117
X_cmae_category: , ,

--===============7699515390790363934==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0838B.10DA0200"

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0838B.10DA0200
        charset="UTF-8"

Hi Dave,
For the time being it seems to not be leaking but I am just looking for =
possible solutions in case it starts leaking again..
I thought about solder too but in has acid flux in the center of it.=20
I remember back when I was a kid in the 60's my dad used to use lead =
wire to measure the clearances in babbit bearings of the connecting rods =
and main bearings in the antique cars we used to rebuild. He would put a =
small piece of lead wire across the bearing cap, install the bearing, =
rotate the engine a couple of turns, remove the bearing cap and measure =
the thickness of the lead wire with a micrometer.
Plasti-gage is the modern day replacement.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
  ----- Original Message -----=20