Re: [TR] How to remove a frozen wire wheel from a non running TriumphSta

To: "'Sujit Roy'" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] How to remove a frozen wire wheel from a non running TriumphStag
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 18:09:42 -0700
> I can't remove the nut. Can't roll it very easily to rock it either
> if I apply heat the chrome nut will it mar the chrome.
> I have one of those extended wrenches especially for the wheel nut.

When it happened to me, we just kept wailing on the stock steel wrench for the
safety knockoffs, with a heavy steel hammer.  Took
two of us, working in shifts, and about 1/2 hour but it did eventually come
off.  Made a mess of the wrench too, but it was still
usable afterwards (and a new one wasn't too expensive as I recall).

Yes, heat will mess up the chrome, but at some point, getting it apart is more
important than saving the pieces.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive