[TR] Need some advice regards desirability & pricing

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Need some advice regards desirability & pricing
From: Wayne Brazinski <wbrazinski@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 12:43:32 -0600

--_537b183b-051e-4b83-94b6-159d588cf21d_

Folks=2CI have been on the Triumphs list for years and years=2C and while I=
 don't post much=2C I still consider many of you my buddies in that strange=
 internet/forum way.  I still miss Fred=2C for example=2C even though I nev=
er actually knew him well - although he was the prior maintainer of my TR a=
nd I did have the pleasure of meeting him once when I went to Maryland to b=
uy it.
The reason I have started my email this way is because I need some advice f=
rom you that I'm hoping will be given in the same vein as I mention above.
I'm at a rather extreme part of my life with my Dad having recently survive=
d a massive stroke (he is recovering very well)=2C an airplane project half=
way complete - I need to update the blog - but you can see it hear plus som=
e pics of Dad and I  (http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/member-proje=
ct-logs/20648-ch-750-cruzer-build-log.html)=2C twins in the third year of C=
ollege=2C and an income stream that is highly dependant on me selling softw=
are successfully which I have been able to do in the past but am now at a n=
ew employer with a much slower sales cycle.  I'm also President of a local =
EAA Chapter=2C and fly recreationally.
In short I have way too little time=2C and am spending far too much of it n=
ot generating income=2C and now am chronically lagging behind on not just o=
ne=2C but two projects (the plane and finishing the TR).  Dad and I are bui=
lding the plane as a Father/Son project and=2C for obvious reasons=2C I nee=
d to get it done fast and to to that I need more time=2C and money.
I think it might be time for find a home for the TR=2C and I'm hoping you f=
olks could give me your honest opinion on the best way to do that=2C and wh=
at a fair price might be.  I'd REALLY like it to go to a good home since it=
's a special car that has received a lot of TLC over the years.  You can se=
e a video of the car here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMYk4eFVzY9II h=
ave since added the glove box and tidied up a few things.
Here's a brief run-down of the car=2C I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.
1958 V8 TR3 - all of the below are installed and functioning very wellFord =
302 V8 installed. Apparently rebuilt about 20=2C000 miles ago. Runs awesome=
=2C oil pressure is good .Brand new alternator=2C water pump=2C electric fu=
el pumpBrand new Holly Carb=2C Edelbrock intake manifold=2C block hugger he=
aders. AirfilterHigh efficiency electric radiator fan (I think it is 3=2C00=
0 CFM with thermostat control)Hot Rod aluminum radiator - has not overheate=
d through two Summers"Off the shelf"=2C designed for the TR3 Mini=2C Cooper=
 rack and pinion replaces the old steering box."Off the shelf"=2C designed =
for the TR3 sway bar (front)Borgeson stainless steering shaft=2C Borgeson U=
 Joints for steering.I Didit Hotrod steering column=2C with flashers=2C eme=
rgency lights=2C and high beam built in.Dan Masters supplied TR 3 wiring ha=
rness - brand newBorg Warner T5 transmissionCustom drive shaft to original =
TR 3 Rear endAluminum Minilight style wheels with good Bridgestone tiresMot=
o-Lita Steering wheelAuto Meter Carbon Fiber gaugesSpeedometer is driven by=
 a GPS sensor from AutometerCustom Walnut burl dashboardBrakes/Clutch are T=
ilton Racing floor mounted and dual circuit for brakes.Zinc Dipped frame - =
ZERO rust.Body is basically RUST freeAll brake lines and brake cylinders ar=
e new (rear) or just professionally rebuilt (front)Windshield wiper motor m=
oved inside the car and works just like it always did (it flips water aroun=
d with it's tiny blades!)

Needs:Installation of brand new Moss Motors interior kit (Honey Tan) - this=
 is purchased and will come with the car.I have a new Black carpet set whic=
h needs to be adapted to the larger transmission tunnel and different firew=
all.  Or you could make your own set pretty easily.Paint touch up or ideall=
y paint respray.  If I keep it I would respray it.Consider replacing the re=
ar end with a Ford 8 or 9inch to better match the gear ratio of the Gearbox=
/Engine.  This is about $2=2C500 to do including drilling the brake drums t=
o match the TR wheels and re-piping.Tidy up and wrap the wiringTidy up othe=
r details (install the seat belts etc)Drive the heck out of it!
Sorry for the long email=2C but I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
Regards=2C
Wayne

                                          =

--_537b183b-051e-4b83-94b6-159d588cf21d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
Triumphs list for years and years=2C and while I don't post much=2C I still=
 consider many of you my buddies in that strange internet/forum way. &nbsp=
=3BI still miss Fred=2C for example=2C even though I never actually knew hi=
m well - although he was the prior maintainer of my TR and I did have the p=
leasure of meeting him once when I went to Maryland to buy it.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>The reason I have started my email this way is because I need =
some advice from you that I'm hoping will be given in the same vein as I me=
fe with my Dad having recently survived a massive stroke (he is recovering =
very well)=2C an airplane project halfway complete - I need to update the b=
log - but you can see it hear plus some pics of Dad and I &nbsp=3B(<a href=
=3D"http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/member-project-logs/20648-ch-7=
50-cruzer-build-log.html" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"font-size: 12pt=3B">ht=
tp://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/member-project-logs/20648-ch-750-cru=
zer-build-log.html</a>)=2C twins in the third year of College=2C and an inc=
ome stream that is highly dependant on me selling software successfully whi=
ch I have been able to do in the past but am now at a new employer with a m=
uch slower sales cycle. &nbsp=3BI'm also President of a local EAA Chapter=
o little time=2C and am spending far too much of it not generating income=
=2C and now am chronically lagging behind on not just one=2C but two projec=
ts (the plane and finishing the TR). &nbsp=3B<b>Dad and I are building the =
plane as a Father/Son project and=2C for obvious reasons=2C I need to get i=
hoping you folks could give me your honest opinion on the best way to do th=
at=2C and what a fair price might be. &nbsp=3BI'd REALLY like it to go to a=
 good home since it's a special car that has received a lot of TLC over the=
 years. &nbsp=3BYou can see a video of the car here:&nbsp=3B<a href=3D"http=
s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMYk4eFVzY9I" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"font-=
tly rebuilt about 20=2C000 miles ago. Runs awesome=2C oil pressure is good =
div>Brand new Holly Carb=2C Edelbrock intake manifold=2C block hugger heade=
rs. Airfilter</div><div>High efficiency electric radiator fan (I think it i=
s 3=2C000 CFM with thermostat control)</div><div>Hot Rod aluminum radiator =
- has not overheated through two Summers</div><div>"Off the shelf"=2C desig=
ned for the TR3 Mini=2C Cooper rack and pinion replaces the old steering bo=
div><div>I Didit Hotrod steering column=2C with flashers=2C emergency light=
s=2C and high beam built in.</div><div>Dan Masters supplied TR 3 wiring har=
ve shaft to original TR 3 Rear end</div><div>Aluminum Minilight style wheel=
Auto Meter Carbon Fiber gauges</div><div>Speedometer is driven by a GPS sen=
Clutch are Tilton Racing floor mounted and dual circuit for brakes.</div><d=
iv>Zinc Dipped frame - ZERO rust.</div><div>Body is basically RUST free</di=
v><div>All brake lines and brake cylinders are new (rear) or just professio=
nally rebuilt (front)</div><div>Windshield wiper motor moved inside the car=
 and works just like it always did (it flips water around with it's tiny bl=
 this is purchased and will come with the car.</div><div>I have a new Black=
 carpet set which needs to be adapted to the larger transmission tunnel and=
 different firewall. &nbsp=3BOr you could make your own set pretty easily.<=
/div><div>Paint touch up or ideally paint respray. &nbsp=3BIf I keep it I w=
ould respray it.</div><div>Consider replacing the rear end with a Ford 8 or=
 9inch to better match the gear ratio of the Gearbox/Engine. &nbsp=3BThis i=
s about $2=2C500 to do including drilling the brake drums to match the TR w=
p other details (install the seat belts etc)</div><div>Drive the heck out o=
dy>

--_537b183b-051e-4b83-94b6-159d588cf21d_--

--===============5477757672236176366==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5477757672236176366==--