Re: [TR] Remove TR4 Tranmission

To: "'Dan Forgey'" <cofrog@q.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Remove TR4 Tranmission
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 13:34:11 -0800
> Anybody know the "book time" for a shop to remove a TR4
> Transmission?  Or maybe the time it took anyone to do this
> who has experience in doing this?

The TR3 factory flat rate manual gives 4 hours 45 minutes to R&R the gearbox
(leaving the engine in position).  It's a little more
work on a TR4 (to R&R the dash brace), so I'd guess 5 hours.

My personal best is probably around 4 hours each way (again on a TR3), but it's
not something I do every day (thank goodness!)

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive