[TR] SUCCESS! TR6 door pins

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] SUCCESS! TR6 door pins
From: Joe Burlein <floridatr6@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:41:26 -0500
The hemostat trick worked perfectly. I borrowed a couple of thin hemostats from
my neighbor, a doctor. The straight one worked whereas the bent tip one wasn't
even close to fitting properly.

I used a very small awl to locate the opposite hole. We tried both horizontal
and vertical placement. Horizontal seemed to work best.

With an extra set of hands compressing the panel the original pins slipped in
after only a few tries. The old spring was definitely easier than the new one.
I'm compressing the springs for the other door in my vise in prep for the other
side now.

If that hadn't worked we were going to try the rod/coat hanger trick with the
rod scored for the length of the original pin.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Joe B
72 TR6

** triumphs@autox.team.net **